Sunday, April 16, 2006

photo sunday

and now, for no particular reason....

Jellyfish!!








And some penguins...


These are from the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. You all should go there if you haven't gone - even if you have to take a trip to California JUST for that!

The only weird thing about it was that the restaurant in the aquarium is a seafood restaurant. Sort of disturbing, really, but if you're as big a fan of seafood as I am, you can look past the unpleasantries and enjoy the food...I'm sure the seafood you eat is not the cousin of the fish in the aquarium...and they do hand out little cards about what sort of fish you should and shouldn't eat based on the sustainability of the type of fish...

Have a great week!

And, by the way, thanks to my wonderful blogging friends, I raised just enough money to pay for my Habitat for Humanity trip and part of my plane ticket! Yippee!! Thank you ALL for your help and support - it means the world to me. Some statistics - 25% of my donations came from my blogfriends...none of whom I've ever met face-to-face.

xoxo

6 Comments:

Blogger Sublime said...

The jellyfish are very cool!

Congrats on getting most of the money you need for your trip!

Take care,
Sublime

April 19, 2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger sjobs said...

Hello, the jelly fish are so cool.

I am feeling guilty about not being able to donate money at this time but things, like money are a luxury these days.

Congrats on raising enough to go.

I can hardly wait to hear about your experiences.

Mary

April 19, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Jellyfish...lovely to look at...hideous to step on! LOL

Great news about your trip.

STB

April 21, 2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

those are amazing pics...i just put the monterray aquarium on my list of places to see...

so happy you're doing the habitat thingy...give us a full report when you get back!!

peace...

April 22, 2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love love love the Monterey Bay Aquarium! Awesome photos of the jellyfish too. When

I am so happy to hear you collected enough money to go on the trip that will be one of a lifetime. I admire what you are doing so much. You rock!

How great is it that we have all made friends through the internet and never even met face to face? It is pretty special in my opinion, as are you Clandy!

Later Pen Pal!

Nancy

April 22, 2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

I was there the first week the Jellyfish Exhibit was open to the public.

It think it was 1992.

x0x0x

April 30, 2006 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home