Sunday, March 05, 2006

photo SUNDAY!

In the summer of 2004, I brought 16 teenaged girls to Maui on a GS trip (when I was working there). We stayed at a GS camp and did just about everything you could think to do. This is a picture of my cabin. There were peacocks that walked around in the morning, and it rained practically every night. But during the day it was HOT!

This is a view from the top of Haleakala (I don't know if I spelled that right), the volcano on Maui that is also a national park. We drove our mini vans up to the top and this was the view! Isn't it neat that we were above the clouds??


This is a picture of a volcano's lava that has hardened. I thought it was neat how you could tell that it ran into the ocean when it erupted...

6 Comments:

Blogger Blogzie said...

Wow!

Above the clouds.

Just beautiful.

xx00xx

March 05, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger sjobs said...

Those photos are just beautiful. It makes me want to experience Hawaii even more.

Mary

March 05, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger sjobs said...

Those photos are just beautiful. It makes me want to experience Hawaii even more.

Mary

March 05, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Hawaii is amazing.

Thanks...

STB

March 06, 2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Jojo said...

Hi Clandi,
So good to hear from you on my blog. Thanks for your kindness, as usual. Yes, we've been doing well. I miss my baby girl a lot, but knowing she's in the arms of Jesus, and that we'll be together for eternity and especially knowing she is whole and well now gets me thru till eternity begins. Wow - that was along sentence huh? Enjoyed your pictures and hearing from you. Anything new?

March 08, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger alan said...

Swear I commented on this on Sunday, but perhaps I'm going senile (OK, I know I am, but that's beside the point).

I can't imagine taking that many kids anywhere; just a family vacation with two boys less than a year apart was always a lesson in humanity's little foibles, let alone that many players added to the situation!

Hopefully the beauty of the place had a calming effect once you got them there!

alan

March 10, 2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home