Sunday, January 15, 2006

you can get anything you want....

Although I could not possibly have photos as interesting or poignant as Blogzie's this week, I did get the idea to post these pictures from her.

My family spent 4 weeks each summer in Martha's Vineyard (my parents now spend 3 weeks each summer there). When I was an itty bitty baby, Arlo Guthrie played at the Tabernacle. We all went to see him rehearse. I was very small, and decided we should dance, or so the story goes, so I danced with him. And, this picture was taken:

Then, a couple of years ago, my sisters went to see Arlo Guthrie perform. They brought 8x10s of these two pictures, and asked him to sign them. He told them he remembered the shirt, and that his daughter wears it now.





8 Comments:

Blogger sjobs said...

That is amazing that he remembered that shirt after all those years.

Great photos!!

Mary

January 15, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

Are you kidding me?

These are fantastic!

Arlo is an American icon, along with his dad, Woody.

How very cool that you have these photos and even better to have signed copies.

What a great memory, even though you were too young to remember.

I've always wanted to go to Martha's Vineyard. I did make it as far as the Cape, but that's another story...

x0x0x0x

January 15, 2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

What a lovely post.

And you're still dancing!

STB

January 16, 2006 10:26 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

amazing tale! how lucky you are. i bet he's a nice guy, that arlo.

January 16, 2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

love love love that arlo...what an awesome tale, clandy...i just saw arlo last november, and i took my son...my son is a huge fan...i spend some time each year in western mass. and have checked out arlo's church...

thanks for posting these pics, clandy...they're awesome!!

peace...

~ n

January 17, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

back again for another peak at little baby clandy...this pics are fabulous!!

peace...

~ n

January 18, 2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger mamalicious said...

Clandy;

Did you see Christine's post on her blog today?

January 19, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

What awesome photos! And to have them signed too!
Lucky you!

January 20, 2006 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home