Monday, March 13, 2006

Almost there!

Update 3/23/06!

Thanks you all of you, I'm getting closer and closer to my 'required' goal every minute! I need to raise about $175 more to ensure my spot on the trip! THANK YOU!!!

Thank you all for your support! It really means a lot to me! :)

Clandestine's Big Announcement!
I've been particularly excited to make this announcement here because I know how strongly a lot of my blogging friends felt about the damage done by the hurricane and how much we all wanted to help. A lot of people have forgotten all about the devastation, but I know YOU haven't. Even if you can't help financially, I want you all to know how excited I am for this opportunity and how much I appreciate the support I know I'll receive from my blogging friends!

In May, I will be travelling to Louisiana with Habitat for Humanity. I will be building houses alongside people who lost their homes in Hurricane Katrina. I am excited to be able to help people who have been waiting so long for their homes to be rebuilt!

I can't do this without your help, though!

The people who will benefit from my trip are people who lost their homes in the hurricanes. Even now, so many months later, many people are living in tents and trailers, other states and in hotels, because their homes are uninhabitable.

In order to help, I need to raise money. Every little bit brings me closer to my goal! The fee for my trip is $800, and I also will provide my own transportation.


Thanks for helping me build houses and hope in Louisiana!



Thank you for your support, be it financial, emotional or both! I love my blogging friends!! xoxo

15 Comments:

Blogger nancy =) said...

clandy...i think it is fabulous that you are going to do this...hfh is one of my favorite things...it was also my very good friend dawn's favorite thing, so your undertaking is even more dear to my heart...

i will be making a donation thru the mail, since i am off credit cards for the time being...i just want to make sure the link is good (i know the address is cuz i just recently sent them money) but i would like to make sure you get the credit -- so just let me know that the link for the mail-in form is good...

good luck!

peace...

March 14, 2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Clandestine said...

Thanks Nancy!

If you click on that link, you'll get to my fundraising page. Then, on the right, there's a little box that says "Donate by mail." If you click on that, you'll be taken to a form that has my name and ID number on it. All of the donations have to have my ID number and the trip ID on the form in order for me to get credit.

And, I checked the link - it works! :)

Thanks again!! :)

March 15, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger author said...

Thanks sweetie for the support.

Listen, go to Paypal.com and set
up an account.

People can send money directly
to your paypal account.
No checks need be mailed and
cleared etc...
They also get a 5.00 credit for signing up I think. Or I did years ago when I signed up.
They are very secure and are the preferred money handler for ebay sellers.
I have an account for ebay purchases and leave money I get for web design in the account for buying art supplies. (Or I transfer funds
into it from my bank account.)

Let me know if you do it and I will send you some paypal money.
You can withdraw the funds by a
check they send within three days
or into your personal bank account
if you set one up with them.

Thank you for doing this.
I want to go too.

March 15, 2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger CrackerLilo said...

This is terrific and so are you!!! :-)

March 15, 2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

I meant to leave a comment the other day...but I got side tracked by clicking on the link and then getting discouraged because I didn't see the "send check" option. I'm with ATB.....paypal would be great...but I'll zip off a check if you can't make that happen!

This is GREAT.

STB

March 16, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Printed out the form and it will go into the mail today!

STB

March 16, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I am sending you a huge virtual hug and thanking you for giving pieces of yourself to help those in great need. It is angels like you that teach others how to fly. All the best to you on your trip!

Love,
Sarah

March 16, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Blogzie said...

WoW!

This is so fantastic and I'm so proud of you. You are my new hero.

Mr. Blogzie and I would love to donate to the cause. Let me know when you get PayPal up and running.

Bravo to you!

Applause - Applause - Applause

x0x0x0x

March 16, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger smax said...

just printed out the form... the check'll go out this weekend.

here's to you!

sal

March 17, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Morning...I just sent money via pay pal...but the link on your page wasn't working....the link to paypal! FYI

Have a great one today and thanks again!

STB

March 18, 2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger sjobs said...

That is wonderful that you are going down to New Orleans to help those people out.

I need to go to the pay pal site and see what I can do.

Mary

March 19, 2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger author said...

Yeah !!
I'll paypal a bit today.
Love ya...

March 20, 2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

the check is in the mail =)

peace...

March 22, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I am so excited for you. I really wish I could help. Been working with Habitat for eight years in my neck of the woods. We just started another home two weeks ago. The weather is messing with our efforts but it always works out in the end.
Have you asked local church groups for financial assistance? Might help. They do amazing things for us in Illinois.
Best of luck to you and thank you for being a caring person.
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

March 25, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I know can you stand it!!! Of course I'll keep you posted!

Keep up the good work!

Love,
Kimberly

March 25, 2006 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home