Sunday, June 04, 2006

i'm ba-ack!

I had an absolutely amazing time in Louisiana! We worked really hard, putting in floors (that's what I did most of the time), painting, putting siding on houses, framing houses, etc. The group was amazing and the soon-to-be homeowners were inspiring! I'll tell you all about it later on, but for now, here's a photo of me helping to put up the frame of a new house!


And here's one of the whole group. I'll call the people who were in my group "team members" because I feel funny putting all their names here for some reason I don't quite understand. It was great that people from all over the country (and a guy from Canada) were there.


Starting in the front row, on the right, you have - one of the home owners, team member from OK, team member from CT, team member from PA, team member from OR, team member from MN, Danny from OK (1st team member's dad), team member from IL, team member from NY, and Mary Jane a homeowner.

2nd row - two care-a-vanners (they travel to Habitat sites in RVs), Delvin (the guy with his arm around the lady) the site construction supervisor, 3 more a care-a-vanners, team member from CA, me!, Miss Ida our favorite homeowner, team member from CA, team member from Canada, team member from PA, and team member from Washington DC.

3rd row - (starting with the guy in the yellow hat) a care-a-vanner, team member from TN, team member from NY, a homeowner, team member from IA, team member from TX (with the hat), team member from WI, team member from TX, team member from WI, team member from MD, and team member from PA.

5 Comments:

Blogger sjobs said...

It looks like everyone was having fun while they were working.

You must feel so wonderful inside.

Welcome home!!! Nice Job!!

Mary

June 04, 2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I am so proud of you for doing this and I am glad that you had such a wonderful time!
But I am also glad that you are home now : )
XXXOOO

June 05, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger alan said...

Glad you made the trip and that it went well!

Very proud of you for doing this!

alan

June 06, 2006 2:17 AM  
Blogger sttropezbutler said...

Welcome home!

Glad it was all positive!

Keep us posted.

STB

June 06, 2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger I n g e r said...

You're wonderful. I can't wait to hear more about it--about the family, and everything else you saw and did.

Also glad you're home.

xo Inger

June 07, 2006 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home