Saturday, September 30, 2006

is anybody still here?

I wonder if anyone still reads this...since I haven't updated in a looooong time, I'd be pretty surprised! Right now I'm visiting my grandparents and it's quite relaxing. I spent most of the day doing my grandfather's sudoku puzzle book. I finished 2 "moderate" ones and probably spent about 3 hours on a hard one. Those things are crazy! But, I guess it was only a matter of time before I actually did do one of those puzzles. I'm sort of a nerd and I like those type of puzzles (you know, the ones in the puzzle books), but I had never tried sudoku (sp?) for some reason. ANYWAY, aside from that fascinating tale, we also went out for pizza and I watched "Numbers" with my grandpa. I love that show, and apparently he does, too. He fell asleep, of course, but I watched it.

So my job has been taking up so much time and energy but it's fun and I love it so far. I know better than to commit to loving it yet - I have to let more time pass. I'm also getting a new boss one of these days, and that will also determine my job satisfaction, I'm sure. I'm loving working with kids again, though, and the particular program is really up my alley.

And now anyone who does bother to read this can see why I haven't updated - I really don't have anything particularly interesting to say! I know I should have said more about my Habitat trip, but it seems a bit late for that. If anyone is interested in seeing more photos, you can email me and I'd be happy to send them along.

Things are peachy right now and I hope they stay that way for a while!!

I'll try to come up with something more interesting to say soon :)

6 Comments:

Blogger sjobs said...

I am so happy that things are going well for you. It has been a while since you have joined us but was happy to see a new post.

I hope life continues to be on the happy side for you.

Mary

October 04, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Hi clandy,

Still here from time to time, just about as often as I'm on my own blog. Glad to hear all is well.

Take care,
Sublime

October 05, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger alan said...

I still drop around on occasion as well...glad to know you are enjoying the kids at least, and hopefully your luck will continue when the new boss arrives!

alan

October 05, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger smax said...

hey clandy. i'm still stopping by from time to time. glad to hear all is well.
sal

October 24, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger mamalicious said...

Hi Clandy. Blast from the past? I've been absent too long. Trying to get back in the game! Hope you're well. Send me a message!

October 24, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hello there:

Yes, it's been a long time since I've posted. I'll make a long, long story very short. On September 14, 2006 (35 weeks and 4 days since the start of our pregnancy) we found out that our baby "B" (Jesse) had died. On September 15, 2006 in an emergency c-section I delivered both of our boys. Jack Michael weighed in at 6 pounds 1 ounce. Healthy and beautiful. Jesse weighed 5 pounds 0 ounces. Jesse entered silently into the world. It was a bittersweet day. No rhyme nor reason why Jesse passed. It will remain a mystery. He was absolutely beautiful and if you didn't know you would think he was going to wake up at any moment.

So that is the story. We're still trying to deal with our grief while tending to the needs of our living son. (who, by the way is Mr. Party All Night...sleep all day!) Thanks for checking in with me. It's nice to hear from you.

Kimberly

November 27, 2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home